F5 is an international short film festival organized by FFCINEMA in Barcelona in which filmmakers of any nationality can participate. The projections and the Awards Ceremony will take place on April 2nd at the Casal de la Font d’en Fargues.
The competition will deliver two prizes:
- The Jordi Torra Prize, decided by a jury (€ 500)
- The Audience Award (€ 300)
The Jury of the Jordi Torra Prize will make its decision public during the Closing Ceremony of the Festival.
The Audience Award will be awarded to the most voted short film during the screening sessions and will be awarded during the Closing Ceremony.
Conditions for admission to the contest
The Festival Selection Committee will choose the participating short films, which must comply with the following conditions:
- Have been made after 01/01/2018.
- The duration must be less than 20 minutes including the opening and closing credits.
- Short films should deal with any subject related to
projections for the future: of work, of knowledge, of the environment and sustainability, of mobility, of space exploration, of the effects of climate change, of artificial intelligence, alternative visions of the future, etc.
- All film genres are admitted: fiction, nonfiction and animation.
- Short films that have not been made in Catalan or Spanish must be presented with subtitles in Catalan, Spanish, English or French.
- All projects registered for the 2021 edition will be taken into account for the new edition of the festival.
They will be carried out through the FESTHOME platform and will follow the procedure specified by it.
Participation will be completely free, except for the fees that, if applicable, must be paid to the platform when registering.
Registration will begin on 01/12/2021 and will close on 31/01/2022. The selection of short films will be notified to their authors on 01/03/2022. A projection copy in HD quality (file type: MP4, codec: H264) of the selected short films must be sent before 15/03/2022 using WeTransfer or Filemail to the organization for the screening in the official section, as well as the supplementary material requested at the time of notification.
Rights and duties
The Festival organization reserves the right to resolve any eventuality not specified in the rules.
Submitting to the contest implies full acceptance of these rules.